What to do in the event of an insurance claim
When faced with a loss, you want action. Huntington T. Block’s Claims Department provides information, guidance and understanding while handling your claim as expeditiously as possible.
How to Report a Claim
- If the item is owned by another party, advise the owner of the loss.
- Report the incident to HTB's Claims Department (see below).
- Report stolen items to the police immediately. Continue to search for lost or missing items.
- If damaged while in transit, save all transit documentation and packing as evidence. Notify the shipper of the damage and follow-up with a letter putting them on notice of loss.
- Collect and save all damaged pieces.
- Determine the cause of loss and whether another party is responsible for the damage.
- Determine the value and, if possible, ascertain whether it can be restored or not.
- Please complete a Notice of Loss claim form.
- You may submit the form by:
Mail: Rosemary McRann
2001 K Street, NW
Suite 625 North
Washington, DC 20006
If you have any questions when submitting your claim, please call Rosemary McRann at 855-219-3189, extension 5331.